Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does TimeKeeper work on tablet and mobile? Android and iOs?
Yes, TimeKeeper works for both Android and iOs, either on mobile or tablet.
2. Can my employees use their phone to clock in/log into jobs?
Yes, whenever an employee is added to TimeKeeper they will receive an invite to the system. If you have enabled that employee to have access to the mobile app, then they will be able to clock in from mobile.
3. Can I use one tablet for all my employees?
Yes, if you log in with administrator credentials a keypad will be shown. Each employee can enter their 4 digit pin and then clock in via this tablet.
4. How many devices can I use with TimeKeeper?
TimeKeeper will allow you to use as many tablets as you want. You can have 1, 2 or 20 or 1000.
5. Does TimeKeeper record my location on clock in?
Depends on your mode of access. If you clock in via the tablet it's optional as typically it's fixed to a wall mount so no location is required but you can require it if you like. If you are clocking in to TimeKeeper on a mobile then yes we require GPS for your employee to clock in and that can't be turned off as a precaution.
6. How many employees can I use TimeKeeper with?
Our current maximum number of employees for each company is 9999.
7. Can I use TimeKeeper across many office branches?
Yes, we can work with any number of office branches.
8. Is there a limit to the number of jobs I can use TimeKeeper with?
No, you can have unlimited jobs.
9. Is there a free trial?
Yes, we offer a free 14 day trial with no credit card required.
10. Is there any penalties for cancelling a subscription?
No, your subscription will be cancelled at the end of that current billing period e.g. the end of month and no extra charges will be required.
11. Does TimeKeeper own my employee data?
No, we are a data service provider and do not lay claim to any of your employee data. The company is the data controller and is responsible for their employee data.
12. Is TimeKeeper secure?
Yes, we employ modern best practices for security. Passwords are salted and hashed using a modern hashing algorithm. We use SSL for all communication between the app, our API, all data is encrypted at rest . We have an A+ score from SSL Labs.
All your data is stored securely under your company account in TimeKeeper. Only your staff will be able to access your relevant data.
13. Does TimeKeeper work across multiple timezones?
Yes, we detect the timezone in the device being used so it will work internationally. The reports in the web portal currently are set to a single timezone.
14. Does TimeKeeper support multiple languages?
No we currently only support English.
15. Does the employer have to inform their employees about data used in TimeKeeper?
The processing of HR data is in the legitimate interest of the employer and required to fulfil a contractual obligation. In order to ensure that the rights of employees are not unfairly compromised, there must be full and transparent disclosure of what data processing is taking place and for what purposes.
We would recommend to our customers to make it clear to their employee what data is captured, where it is being stored (you may used something other than TimeKeeper to store employee data) and ensure that data captured is for a legitimate business reason.
When invited to the platform, users have to consent to using TimeKeeper prior to signing up.
16. What data does TimeKeeper capture on each employee?
If enabled, TimeKeeper captures an image of the employee on clock in as well as capturing the time and device location on clock in.
We do not track background location - only location when clocking in and clocking out - if required by your employer.
17. Is there any privacy concerns with regards to tracking employee location data?
Timekeeper only records location on clock in and clock out of an employee. No background location data is recorded. Location when clock in is optional in tablet kiosk mode but required in employee mobile mode. Location of clock in is considered a legitimate business reason in order to process payroll.
18. Does TimeKeeper use any of my company data for alternative purposes outside of the service?
No, we don't use your company data other than providing internal reports and service to you. So we won't aggregate it or put it into a collection for analysis or anything like that. It's your data and always will be - we just help streamline your business time and attendance.
19. Is TimeKeeper infrastructure scalable?
Yes, we are built on top of modern platform services including Heroku and AWS. So we have the necessary resources to scale to the size of your business.
20. Does TimeKeeper keep an up to date who's in list?
Yes, we do. You can see in real time who is in and out across all your office branches and sites.
21. Does TimeKeeper support geofences on clock in?
Yes - if you set an address for a job and enable the Geofence setting - you will only be allowed to clock in within a defined radius of that job based on your gps location and configurable geofence radius setting.
Updated on: 06/07/2022